ACOD Ghent University organizes a number of information meetings to inform you about the new career policy for contractual scientific staff. We will explain the new policy, its advantages, and how things will proceed practically. There will also be time to answer questions from the public.
Time and location of the different meetings are:
- Wednesday September 12th 2018, 12 a.m. – Campus Merelbeke (Diergeneeskunde) – Auditorium D, building D4
- Friday September 14th 2018, 12 a.m. – Campus Boekentoren, Blandijn, room 100.035
- Tuesday September 18th 2018, 12 a.m. – Campus Sterre, S9, room 1.1
- Wednesday September 19th 2018, 12 a.m. – Campus Technologiepark Zwijnaarde, building 903 – Auditorium A.03 Industrieel Beheer (2.11)
- Thursday September 20th 2018, 12 a.m. – Campus Coupure, Blok E – Auditorium E3
- Wednesday October 3rd, 12 am – Auditorium Filmzaal – Campus Aula, Paddenhoek 1-3, 9000 Gent (in English)
Everybody working at Ghent university is welcome at these meetings.
Please be aware that most meetings are in Dutch but one meeting (on October 3rd 2018, see above), will be in English. In this meeting, we will specifically focus on international researchers. Beside explaining briefly the new policy for scientific staff, we will go in more depth into the specific issues that international researchers face. We will give a brief explanation of the basics of Belgian labor law and your rights as international researcher, about residence status for researchers and other practical problems that might arise while working and living in Belgium.
If you have specific questions that you want to see answered, do not hesitate to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to include the answer in our presentation. Of course, you can always ask your questions at the meeting as well.
For practical reasons, we would ask you to subscribe through this link. We will provide sandwiches for those who subscribed. Of course, if you decide only at the last moment to join, you can also participate without subscribing.